Welcome to this week’s episode of Weekly Used Carsthe original CBT News show dedicated to bringing auto dealers best practices and tips for the used car department, in-depth dealer interviews, practical dealership strategies and supplier analysis. Recently, host Jasen Rice, founder of lotpopcame across an online ad for a pickup truck from a Kansas City dealership that had pictures of the truck still with snow on the ground.
The photos were a dead giveaway that the vehicle had been sitting in the lot for months. Today, Rice discusses essential photo management strategies for your car dealership inventory, including:
- Make sure your inventory photos represent the current season.
- Pay attention to the temperature gauge on the dashboard.
- Vehicles should be clean and well staged for photos.
- Be strategic with photo angles, especially for temporary photos.
- Update photos for older vehicles.
As consumers plan and research their next purchase in the face of rising interest rates, gas prices and inflation, photo management will need to be a priority.
Did you enjoy this episode of Used Cars Weekly? Please share your thoughts, comments or questions regarding this topic by submitting a letter to the editor here, or contact us at [email protected]